Langsung ke konten utama

indirect & direct speech


REPORTED & QUOTED SPEECH
(INDIRECT & DIRECT SPEECH)

Indirect speech is the form of a statement expressing other people's questions (reported speech) that has been said directly (direct speech) by changing the format of the conversations so that it becomes more clear , natural , and efficient for the listener. Direct speech a sentence spoken directly by the speaker in writing accompanied by aphostrof marks at the beginning and the end of the sentence as text dialogue .

Direct speech is which converted into Reported speech can be a statement 
 imperative [command), invitation, request, yes/no question, and
 information question. 
 
EXAMPLES
 
REPORTING
DIRECT SPEECH
REPORTED SPEECH
 
STATEMENT
 
I must leave tomorrow
He said that he must left the next day
IMPERATIVE
 
Do not touch my diary !
She told me not to touch her diary
YES-NO QUESTION
 
Did you see my bag ?
She want to know if i had seen her bag
INFORMATION QUESTION
 
Who is the winner ? 
He asked me who the winner was
 
ANOTHER EXAMPLES
1.   IMPERATIVE

-         POSITIVE
In order of positive we have to add " TO" in front of the sentences, to connected between the sentences.
 
Examples 

He said to me   “shut the door”
He told me to shut the door.

-         NEGATIVE

In order of negative we have to add “NOT TO” in front of the imperative.

My father said to me do not go alone to a market.
My father told me not to go alone to a market.

2. QUESTIONS

For direct speech sentences that use 5W1H question ( Why , Who, What , When , Where , How) , it will be converted into affirmative sentences in the following :


NO
DIRECT SPEECH
INDIRECT SPEECH
1
He asked me, "why do you come late?"
He asked me why you came late.
2
He asked me, "why does she drink?"
He asked me what she drink.
3
He asked me, "when did you come?"
He asked me when i come.
4
He asked me, "who is he?"
He asked me who he was.
5
He asked me, "who are you?"
He asked me who i was

3. TENSES
NO
DIRECT SPEECH
INDIRECT SPEECH
1
SIMPLE PRESENT

I never eat fish
SIMPLE PAST

I never ate fish
2
PRESENT CONTINUOUS

I’m waiting for yaya
PAST CONTINUOUS

He said that he was waiting for yaya
3
PRESENT PERFECT

I have bought a book
PAST PERFECT

She said that she had bought a book
4
PRESENT PERFECT CONTINUOUS

I have been waiting for ages
PAST PERFECT CONTINUOUS

He said that he had been waiting for ages
5
SIMPLE  PAST

He said to me  “i never saw before”
PAST PERFECT

He said that he had never seen before
6
PRESENT FUTURE

He said “ i will be in Bandung on Tuesday”
PAST FUTURE

He said that he would be in Bandung on Tuesday
7
FUTURE CONTINUOUS

She said “ i will be using the car my self”
PAST FUTURE CONTINUOUS

She would be using he car her self

4. TIME REFERENCES
DIRECT SPEECH
REPORTED SPEECH
Today
That day
Now
Than
Yesterday
The day before
Tomorrow
The next day
Next week
The following week
Last week
The previous week
Here
There
This
That


EXERCISE

Present perfect becomes past perfect

1.   I have had some bad news
2. I have been sleeping

Present becomes past

1.   I need a drink
2. Iam busy

Direct speech becomes indirect speech

1.   Yesterday
2. Tomorrow
3. This

source:
 http://www.wordsmile.com/pengertian-contoh-kalimat-indirect-reported-speech
http://www.wordsmile.com/pengertian-contoh-kalimat-indirect-reported-speech
http://www.perfect-english-grammar.com/reported-speech.html

http://www.edufind.com/english-grammar/reporting-verbs/

Nama : Lili Sahara
Kelas : 4SA04
NPM : 14612204

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

CERITA BARUUUUUUUUU~~~

MY KOCE Kadang terfikirkan jika saja mereka bisa berbicara aku ingin sekali bertanya kepada mereka mengenai makanan yang aku berikan kepada mereka, pertanyaan yang ingin kutanyakan ialah...   lebih enak mana ikan tongkol atau makanan petshop ?? HAHA Kebanyakan orang tua yang mempunyai anak perempuan yang umurnya sudah matang alias dewasa biasanya akan menanyakan mengenai ‘’jodoh’’. Dan biasanya lagi wanita yang sudah memiliki umur yang cukup matang bisa dikatakan sekitar 19-25 mereka akan dinikahkan oleh orang tua mereka, caranya berbeda-beda sih.. ada yang dicarikan jodoh dan adapula yang mencari jodohnya sendiri lalu menunjukan dan mengenalkan calon si wanita kepada orang tua mereka. Kebanyakan wanita yang sudah di suruh menikah oleh orang tua nya yaitu mereka yang tinggal di di daerah, saya megatakan seperti ini didasarkan oleh pengalaman mengenal teman yang tinggal di semua daerah di Indonesia, kebanyakan yang sudah menikah sejak berumur 19 mereka yang bertinggal d

tugas ke 6 ilmu sosial dasar masyarakat perdesaan dan masyarakat perkotaan

lili sahara 14612204 2sa04 TUGAS   VI   MASYARAKAT PERDESAAN DAN MASYARAKAT PERKOTAAN 1.   MASYARAKAT *Pengertian :   sekelompok orang yang membentuk sebuah sistem semi tertutup (atau semi terbuka), dimana sebagian besar interaksi adalah antara individu-individu yang berada dalam kelompok tersebut. *syarat-syarat menjadi masyarakat 1.Sejumlah manusia yang hidup bersama dalam waktu yang relatif lama 2.Merupakan satu kesatuan 3. Merupakan suatu sistem hidup bersama, yaitu hidup bersama yang menimbulkankebudayaan dimana setiap anggota masyarakat merasa dirinya masing-masing terikat dengan kelompoknya. *tipe masyarakat masyarakat paksaan, misalnya Negara, masyarakat tawanan, dan lain-lain masyarakat merdeka, yagn terbagi dalam : masyarakat nature, yaitu masyarakat yang terjadi dengan sendirinya, seperti gerombolan, suku, yang bertalian dengan hubungan darah atau keturunan masyarakat kultur, yaitu masyarakat yang terjadi karena kepentingan ked